Thursday, January 1, 2009

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow. "

Well, it’s almost ironic that my first official blog here anyway (not counting myspace) would be on the first of the yr. I suppose not writing one is so 2007. And I don’t want to be left out of all the action! Anyhoo, I currently draw the title Army of Darkness, based off the movie starring Bruce Campbell for Dynamite. They also publish titles like Terminator, Lone Ranger, The Boys, etc.

Here’s a pg I finished last month for #16. The book is shot from my pencils, so I can’t slop the pg up like I usually would if it was being sent to an inker. It was difficult to adjust to in the beginning, because that meant really changing a lot of aspects of how I work, like drawing mostly on the back of the pg now, then tracing through on a lightbox.



It’s then sent off for production, which involves cleaning up the dirt off the page from some of my underlying drawing with a col-erase blue pencil, and then filling in the blacks wherever the X’s are placed. After that, they send it off to the colorist on the book, Ivan Nunes, who I think is doing a fantastic job.


Here are 2 more examples from #16 as well.



1 comment:

Mike Manley said...

Great to see the process and congrats on starting the blog!